Our pregnancy yoga classes combine stretching, breathing, and relaxation techniques to offer relief from the common discomforts of pregnancy and to prepare the body for birth. Deepen your awareness of your ever-changing body and mind as you prepare for the life-changing event of birth in a nurturing and supportive environment.
Whether you are a complete beginner to yoga or a seasoned yogi, or anywhere in between; whether this is your first, second, or sixth pregnancy – you are very welcome to come along.
Yoga can benefit pregnant women in lots of different ways. Staying active through light exercise does your body and baby good, and Yoga for Pregnancy offers special benefits. Relax, sleep better, soothe aches and pains, and feel more positive.
We will be covering:
- Perfect for poor circulation, swelling /water retention and excellent to improve mobility.
- Also enhances squatting and other birthing positions.
- Maintains supple and toned muscles. Relieves backache. Muscle tone is strengthened and improved, bringing flexibility to hips, pelvis and spine.
- Backache is relieved and posture corrected, making for a more comfortable pregnancy.
- The postures widen the pelvic diameters, positioning baby properly.
- Balances the autonomic nervous system which regulates the major systems of the body and controls hormonal secretions.
- Deep breathing increases the intake of oxygen to both mother and baby. ‘Birthing breaths’ aid in the preparation for a calm birthing.
Yoga Nidra Relaxation:
- Blood pressure is also lowered during this relaxation technique and one gains the equivalent of 4 hours deep sleep.
- Yoga Nidra also promotes inner communication with your child and assists in releasing any impressions associated with the fear of birthing.
ONLINE PREGNANCY YOGA
- Improve your awareness of your posture helping you maintain the integrity of your spine as you adapt to your changing shape.
- Bring about relaxation and calmness through releasing tension from the body and mind.
- Ease and reduce backache and Pelvic girdle pain.
- Boost energy by reducing fatigue and improving sleep.
- Strengthen muscles supporting pregnancy.
- Increased awareness of pelvic floor muscles and their role in pregnancy and childbirth.
- Greater awareness of your breath and the ability to use this connection to support you during pregnancy, birth and motherhood.
- Become part of a community of mothers to be/new mothers